Spring Bookfair coming February 24-28, 2020.
- Author Visits. Cate Berry coming to Harris Elementary on February 18, 2020 @ 9 am in the Library. Check her out at www.cateberry.com. She will be presenting to our second graders!
- Read Across America Character Parade for the entire school! Friday, March 6, 2020! We will have readers in every classroom from the community: firemen, Univision, and community voluteers!
- Please see other events happening in the library by visiting my website: https://harrislibrary118.weebly.com/
The mission of the Harris Elementary students is to develop life long learners through the love of reading.
Schedule and Expectations
· Every student visits the library every two weeks.
· Primary Classes (PreK-2) visit the library for 30 minutes classes and checkout.
· Intermediate Classes (3rd-5th) for 45 minutes and checkout
Check Out Expectations
· PreK 3 -- Does not check out books
- PreK 4 -- Does not check out books
- Kinder -- 1 book + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 1st grade -- 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 2nd grade -- 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 3rd grade -- up to 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 4th grade -- up to 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 5th grade -- up to 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
Book Care Expectations
- Any damage is to be reported to the librarian before the student leaves the library so that the librarian can make note of the damage.
- Students will be asked to pay for any books that are returned damaged.
- Students will be asked to pay for books that are lost.
- Students are expected to return books on time so that others can enjoy them
- All parents are welcome to set up a parent account
- All checkouts may be kept for up to 2 weeks
- Parents may get up to 5 items a time
- Parents are expected to turn materials in on time, so that other Harris students and families may enjoy them.