The mission of the Harris Elementary Library is to develop life long learners through the love of reading.
La misión de la biblioteca de la Primaria Harris es desarrollar aprendices de por vida a través del amor por la lectura.
It's Summer! Let's keep our brains strong and active. Click on the Thinglink to do multiple activities such as listen to a book, go to storytime, visit a museum, learn some jokes, do some madlibs, get a snackbook, and more.
- ¡Es verano! Mantengamos nuestros cerebros fuertes y activos. Haga clic en Thinglink para realizar múltiples actividades, como escuchar un libro, ir a la hora del cuento, visitar un museo, aprender algunos chistes, hacer algunas madlibs, obtener un snackbook y más.
Are you looking for something to read?
Check out our online resources. https://catalog.austinisd.org/client/en_US/harris
Check out our weekly activities https://www.smore.com/6md0v-harris-special-areas
Mrs. Tomlinson, Librarian
Schedule and Expectations
· Every student visits the library every two weeks.
· Primary Classes (PreK-2) visit the library for 30 minutes classes and checkout.
· Intermediate Classes (3rd-5th) for 45 minutes and checkout
Check Out Expectations
- PreK 3 -- Does not check out books
- PreK 4 -- Does not check out books
- Kinder -- 1 book + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 1st grade -- 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 2nd grade -- 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 3rd grade -- up to 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 4th grade -- up to 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
- 5th grade -- up to 2 books + to be returned every 2 weeks
Book Care Expectations
- Any damage is to be reported to the librarian before the student leaves the library so that the librarian can make note of the damage.
- Students will be asked to pay for any books that are returned damaged.
- Students will be asked to pay for books that are lost.
- Students are expected to return books on time so that others can enjoy them
- All parents are welcome to set up a parent account
- All checkouts may be kept for up to 2 weeks
- Parents may get up to 5 items a time
- Parents are expected to turn materials in on time, so that other Harris students and families may enjoy them.